If you are an MCM homeowner, you quickly find out that shopping at the Home Depot is not always going to get you what you need or want for your vintage pad. Here is our list of local Cincinnati and internet vendors and contractors who may have or be able to do what you need. Need something and don't see it here or have a recommendation for this list? ....please let us know!
- Windows - local - Pickens Window Service - Have old aluminum awning windows or sliding doors with warn out rollers? These folks have over 6 million parts in stock for old windows. And they will come out and fix your sliding doors. Amazing!
- Doors - internet - Crestview Doors - First impressions count! No more truly heinous doors with brass and glass and nasty molding! These door lite kits are amazingingly simple to use and make for a stunning door on any midcentury or modern home. Home Depot has the plain slab doors to use them on - but this is no typical big box door!
- Plumbing Fixtures - local - Noel's Plumbing Supply - need a toilet seat for your vintage blue or pink toilet? They might have it....
- Faucet Parts - internet - faucetpartsplus.com - has handles and other parts for vintage crane, american standard, kohler and other brands.
- Roofing - local - T.H.E. Roofing - they held our old flat roof together for 16 years until we finally had them replace it last year (after a tree limb crashed through). They did a fantastic job. Just be particular with the trim pieces and gutters - 'K' gutters are often not appropriate on modern houses. Call Larry Hardtke - 513.353.3332
- 'Vintage' Building Supplies - local - Building Value and ReStore - donated building salvage, the stock changes daily. You never know what you are going to find! Keeps re-usable items out of the landfills and proceeds benefit Easter Seals (Building Value) and Habitat for Humanity (ReStore). The ultimate 'green' experience, and you just may find that yellow Crane sink you have been looking for!
- Architectural Hardware - local - Bona Decorative Hardware is a great local source for knobs, pulls, etc...
- NEW green building materials - local - Greener Stock has green building materials, most of which are inherently modern. They even have Linoleum and Marmoleum! 3528 Columbia Parkway in Columbia Tusculum.
- Polished Concrete - local - Reflective Crete - Newport, KY company that can fill your polished concrete flooring needs.
- Cork Flooring - internet - Eco Friendly Flooring - A Madison, WI based company with awesome 'green' flooring products. The zebra cork in our bedroom came from them and of all the cork flooring we have used, this is the best!
Looking to do a home improvement job or build a new modern house? Never underestimate the value of hiring a professional architect or designer! Here are some great Cincinnati MODERN architects:
- Chris Magee, Architect - email@example.com - read his own MCM renovation blog here
- Mike Keifling, Architect - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SKL Architecture - Stephanie Labbe
- Damon Long DesignBuild General Contractor - email@example.com 859.609.4912