After 10 years of working with the coolest homes and people in town, we feel we have the ability and the ‘license’ to generalize.
Things we have learned about moddies:
· They often drive VW’s (or Audis)
· They wear interesting glasses. ‘Hipster’ before the term was coined
· They have Charley and or Edie Harper artwork
· They tend to be open minded, and interesting to talk to
· They have very creative children (or are the creative children of interesting modern parents)
· They have an affinity for cats (the modern pet?)
· They have a lot of chairs (we first learned this from Chris Magee)
· Their appreciation of flat roofs outweighs the fear (and they have their roofer on the speed dial)
· They have all, at one time or another, stopped to pick up something interesting out of the trash
Other random observations:
· Children love modern architecture and design
· Good design never goes out of style
· You will regret a trendy or contemporary ‘remodel’ ( think mauve, brass and vessel sinks…)
· Reproduction furniture can be just as good as the real thing if good quality and used for everyday living
· Super ‘ugly’ vintage formica (and tile) grows on you
· It used to cost more to frame a Harper print than the print itself cost
· They don’t build them like they used to
Thank you for all for a fabulous 10 years, and for your continued support!
~Susan and Arlen
Forgot one of the most striking observations of all – modern folks are WAY more likely to be Mac users! The incredible form follows function design of Apple products is certainly not lost on us!