Looking for something different to do this Saturday night? Why don’t you come to the first ever cf3 swap meet/cookout/movie viewing? More info is available at www.cf3.org, but here is my TOP 10 LIST OF WHY TO COME:
- It’s a great place to meet other modern geeks (such as yourself)
- You are thinking of joining cf3 but didn’t know when – there is no better time or place!
- You are not sure you want to join cf3. No problem – non members welcome at this event.
- You need to unload a piece of furniture or that boomerang formica bath cabinet you picked out of your neighbor’s trash because you could not bear to see it go to the landfill. It’s a great chance to find new homes for deserving pieces!
- You need a ‘new’ boomerang formica bath cabinet to replace the awful Home Depot one that the previous owner added to ‘update’ your bath?
- You are hungry (but remember to bring your own food and drinks!)
- You are curious as to how and why the Tonkens family built their FLW home in Amberley Village (awesome vintage film about the construction and an interview w/ Gerald Tonkens will be shown).
- You’ve heard of Bellevue Hill Park but you’ve never actually been able to find it.
- You want to see the work of architect R. Carl Freund with a spectacular view of downtown.
- You want to take your own family photo under the coolest mcm canopy in town!
Also, check out the article about the event and cf3 in this week’s City Beat – we’re on the cover!!