It has been SUCH a busy summer, and a busier real estate season than any of us anticipated! New listings are selling like hot cakes and buyers are out in force. What a change from a year ago! Here is a quick synopsis of what is going on in the cincinnatimodern market:
- We have two new listings (the Amberley Henn House and the Historic Modern Rowhouse in Mt. Adams). Both very unique properties and both are very aggressively priced to sell quickly. Even if you are not in the market, check out the Visual Tours because they are pretty cool!
- The MCM on Evening Star Lane in Clifton was just reduced yesterday to an unheard of $299,900. An amazing price for this street – a modern enclave in the heart of Gaslight Clifton. We have an open house scheduled for Sunday, September 23, 2:00 -3:00 – IF it is still available then. Contact us to see it sooner if you are interested!
- Upcoming listings include a Jim Alexander MCM in Finneytown for $125,000 and an Eclectic Dutch Colonial mini-mansion in North Avondale for $269,000. We also have 3 MCM’s in Wyoming that will be available Spring ’13 and a really cool and very large loft-like condo in Gaslight Clifton in an Historic Building on the National Register of Historic Places that will be on the market by the end of the month, but is available for showings now! Whew!
- Congratulations to Amy and Ryan, Claudia and Daniele, Donna and Greg, and Thomas and Jack on your recent closings!
Arlen and I attended a real estate seminar last Friday (our 27th anniversary – do we know how to party or what?!) and the country’s foremost real estate trainer, Mike Ferry, shared his reasons why THIS IS THE BEST REAL ESTATE MARKET IN 7 YEARS and we wanted to share them with you (in case you are on the fence as to if this is a good time to buy or sell):
- Interest rates are at historic lows and are likely to stay that way (at least for a while!).
- Banks have A LOT of money to loan!
- Appraisers are playing nice for the first time in many years.
- Home prices are still low – in some areas the lowest they have been in 20 years.
- Inventory is the lowest it has been in 7 years
- There are a huge number of buyers in the market. People who previously could not qualify to buy can now buy a house.
- The national election is coming up and that always boosts the economy.
When it comes to Real Estate, BE INFORMED and work with agents who know the market! Thank you to all of our clients – past, present and future. We couldn’t do it without you (and all the cool houses)! And as always, please let us know how we can help with your real estate needs.